03 December 2012

Lots of Love

We have been growing our hair since March 2001. About every 18-20 months I cut my hair and donate it to Locks of Love.  It's just something I enjoy doing--it's gratifying, purposeful.

This time, I asked Ellie if she'd like to do the same thing and she did. I guess we could have cut our hair in the summer and it would have been long enough (and it might have provided some relief from the heat and humidity of Panama), but we finally got around to doing it last weekend. 

Here's the before:


And after:





Ellie's little bob is darling and she loved the salon.  Most of all she was excited to give her hair to "Lots of Love" for people who don't have any. 

Giving of oneself can begin at any age, and the joy one feels can be felt any age as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment, say hello, offer a suggestion, or write a little poem--whatever suits your fancy.