03 December 2012

Hiatus

I have been on hiatus. 

hi·a·tus

 /haɪˈeɪtəs/ [hahy-ey-tuhs] 

noun, plural hi·a·tus·es, hi·a·tus.
1. a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.
2. a missing part; gap or lacuna:
 
Yes, let's just call that 13-month gap in blogging a "hiatus".  But really, I was a busy lady and blogging was the last thing on my mind.  Since that last post (Halloween 2011), I celebrated my 5th and 6th wedding anniversary, had surgery, went crazy at Christmas (as always), wrote for a newspaper part time, continued my insurance job, took 18 college credits, graduated with two bachelor's degrees, had a totally awesome graduation party, threw a super-frilly girly party for Ellie's 5th birthday, spent 18 days in Panama, cried when Ellie started Kindergarten, and had emergency surgery (again).  

Then--the hardest of all--I lost my sweet Grandma Cook.   It has been an overwhelming and emotional 13-months.  

But now,at last, there's time to breathe and things are stable again. I'm ready to write.   

                              And write I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment, say hello, offer a suggestion, or write a little poem--whatever suits your fancy.