03 January 2011

A New Year's Resolution

This year, for the first time ever, I have made a new year’s resolution. In the past I always thought “if something needs to be changed, then why wait until the new year, why not do it now?” And the same goes for this one. I actually began in December but figured that in order to keep myself motivated I would call it a “resolution”. It sounds more intimidating that way.
So what is my resolution? Read more. Read for fun. READ.

Since I’m a double major (English/writing and Communications/journalism) I already read a ton, however, none of it is for leisure. It might be enjoyable sometimes, but I never get to actually choose what I am going to read. So, I have compiled a very long reading list to keep myself on track, and to help me remember what I want to read.
Over the last two weeks I read Dan Brown's Lost Symbol and John Steinbeck's The Pearl. On New Year's Day I started on Steinbeck's East of Eden. Two Steinbeck books in a row? I love him.
Hopefully by actually posting this on my blog I'll feel a greater sense of commitment to keep up on this, even when my school semester gets a little crazy.  It'll be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment, say hello, offer a suggestion, or write a little poem--whatever suits your fancy.