23 December 2010

The Gingerbread Man

Normally for my book posts I like to give a little synopsis and interpretation of my favorite children's books. However, I don't think I need to say much about this one.  Everyone knows the story of The Gingerbread Man, there have been countless versions for well over 100  years

The retold version by Jim Aytesworth is the one I read to Ellie, and one of my favorites. The illustrations are detailed and beautiful and there's even a gingerbread recipe on the back cover of the book. The Christmas season, or even just winter, seems like the perfect time to snuggle under a warm blanket and read this beloved story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment, say hello, offer a suggestion, or write a little poem--whatever suits your fancy.